Smoky Mountain Field School Mission
The Smoky Mountain Field School enhances public appreciation, understanding, and stewardship of Great Smoky Mountains National Park and the natural world while promoting the idea of learning as a joyful and enriching part of life.
We seek to accomplish this through:
• educating public audiences about the Park’s natural and cultural resources through a variety of activities, using University researchers and other professionals knowledgeable of the Park;
• encouraging adults and young people to explore the outdoors and sharpen their skills at observing and interpreting the natural world;
• maintaining a commitment to high-quality, affordable, and accessible educational opportunities;
• emphasizing the beauty, diversity, and fragility of the Park’s natural and cultural resources in all publications and programs; and
• maintaining and nurturing a cooperative relationship between the founding partners, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, and Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
Questions? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (865) 974-0150.